Sunday, May 16, 2010



Bring on summer! (O wait did i say that??) I meant the "idea" of summer... BBQ chicken, corn on the cob and fresh watermelon, i love it.
What usually signifies summer to you?? Well probably warm weather, but since
the weather starts getting "warm" in April, thats not always the case here
in AZ. So i decided to take some of the corn on the cobb i had left over, and throw together a cobb salad, for lunch. I love them. Gogo got me hooked on them last summer!! The secret to a great cobb salad (2 me)...bacon, fresh avocados, grape tomatoes, and of course, fresh corn cut off the cobb!

While all the other moms are fighting for the perfect, largest
ears, in Sprouts, I'm grabbing the smallest ones :) (I love their facial
expressions when they look at me, thinking... this girl has no clue! :)
which is usually the case when it comes to cooking! hahaha)
But after many years of being raised on/near a farm, and eating corn for every meal, during the summer... Ive decided i enjoy the smaller ears, they are sooo much sweeter and crisper.
If you've never had a cobb salad, youhave to try one!

No comments:

Post a Comment